I spent the better part of an hour wondering why my postfix main.cf config changes didn’t apply on a OSX Mountain Lion server. Turns out that because “OSX Server” no longer exists (it’s just Server.app now), the postfix files specific to the Mail component of the server now live at:
I just jumped in at the end of a conversation on App.net about the latest NSA revelation, the undermining of worldwide encryption standards for the benefit of the self-appointed world-police. @isaiah pointed out that we (geekdom in general) don’t get as excited about civilian casualties in Iraq, or unsanctioned drone strikes.
My Debian Squeeze host started having trouble performing WordPress 3.5 core or plugin updates – in the error logs, I’d see messages like:
While implementing a new network for a customer, we took an existing HP 1810G 48-port switch under management. As per normal, we setup monitoring (Icinga) and graphing (Cacti), but while the switch responded to Cacti sysname polls (leading us to believe it was happy), it didn’t return any interface details, so we weren’t able to graph anything.
Seems a little dumb, and I’m not sure how other distributions deal with it, but if you install Cacti from RPM on CentOS, and then browse to your /cacti/ directory via HTTP, you’ll find that it dies with a segmentation fault. You know this is you if every other website on your host works, but everytime you go to your /cacti/ URL, your browser reports that the site is totally unavailable (as if apache weren’t even running).
I was asked to change a incoming NAT translation on a Cisco router for a customer today - however since this NAT was used to deliver all their internal email, it was never not in use, and I got the standard message below when trying to clear it:
Use Squid to turn the internet upside-down, change Google to Klingon
Tired of an e-mail BCC list that scrolls off the page, or fiddly and hard-to-manage bulk mailing systems? You need phpList – a high-powered, robust, feature-packed mailing system that will get out of your way and get the job done!
I was an Audible subscriber for over 2 years, and although I’m no longer active on a plan, I still have 50+ books that I’ve legitimately purchased. Each of them, however, is locked to my Audible username and password. I don’t tolerate DRM where possible, and I’ve done enough system reloads / iPod upgrades to be frustrated at the need to authorize my new devices, and de-authorize my old ones. (and get Audible to reset my devices, since it’s impossible to de-authorize a dead computer!)
I recently had reason to convert the latest DD-WRT firmware .bin file to .trx format, so that I could manually flash my WRT54GL. Not wanting to risk it, I first converted the .bin image with the following command: