Table of Contents
Introducing docker-htpc-suite, a set of automated / manual scripts to control an integrated set of “dockerized” HTPC suite of tools, including:
Quick Start (using docker-compose)
On a docker-enabled, host, clone the repo:
Then change into the working directory:
Edit docker-compose.yml, and change the media location folder on line 4.
Add a local user to the base docker host named “htpc” with UID 4242 (the meaning of 2 lives). Make sure this user has all the necessary access to the media folder location.
useradd -u 4242 -g 4242 -d /path/to/media htpc
Start up the docker containers by running
docker-compose up -d
This will do the following:
Establish a data container for common data access to a path on your filesystem (/srv/data by default), belonging to the user “htpc” with UID 4242
Start each app container, creating a subdirectory in the current working directory for its persistent config (database, settings, etc), and linking /data to the data container
You can now connect to your suite on the following URLs:
- sabnzbd : http://localhost:8080
- couchpotato : http://localhost:5050
- nzbdrone : http://localhost:8989
- plex : http://localhost:32400/web/
Manual Container Management (without docker-compose)
For greater flexibility, you can also manually start each container. The scripts/ folder includes startup scripts for each container, which are intended to be executed from the main repo directory.
- Integration of container for rtorrent / rutorrent
- Integration of container to run cron scripts against tools in suite
- Integration of container for nginx configured to proxy each tool, so that only a single port needs to be exposed via docker for management