Hi, I’m David!
I’ve spent 20+ years working with technology. I’m a solution architect, with a broad range of experience and skills. I’m an AWS Certified Solution Architect (Professional), a CNCF-Certified Kubernetes Administrator, Application Developer, Security Specialist, and a remote worker (certification details here)
I apply my skills (and curiosity) to interesting short and long-term international opportunities.
Jun 2019 – present
Senior Solution Architect at Emerging Technology Partners
Emerging Technology Partners is a specialist service and solutions business focussed on leveraging emerging technology to deliver business-critical infrastructure and cloud technology.
- Refreshed Kubernetes environment for major Primary Healthcare Organization (PHO)
- Migrated applications from bespoken VMs to Kubernetes platform for national co-op
Jan 2004 – present
Owner at Funky Penguin Limited
Under the “umbrella” of Funky Penguin, I’ve had the privilege of working with clients around the world on implementing Docker / Kubernetes solutions in platforms ranging from media streaming to private Docker registries.
- Supported a media-streaming platform to scale to 1PB in Ceph storage under Docker Swarm
- Created the definitive helm chart for running an email server on Kubernetes
- Built a community around open source microservices geeks
Jan 2007 – Mar 2019
Senior Infrastructure Architect at Prophecy Networks Limited
Starting as a senior engineer, and developing into the role of Senior Infrastructure Architect, my responsibilities / contributions included: